Thanks once more to all the Brisbane writers who submitted their work for this round of napkin stories. You certainly made it hard work for the judges, including the wonderful Mitchell Grayson – law student, writer and part-time worker extraordinaire.
But, the stories have been chosen, and they are:
- Ben Leigh Hobson – The Locust
- Caroline Eising – Just Dogs
- Chris White – He Need Wait No Longer
- Emily O’Grady – Bones
- Harlan Ambrose – The Father
- Ira McGuire – Cats
- Kathleen Noud – Little Sister
- Lucy Cameron – Fresh Food
- Mark McDonell – The Mirror
- Sophie Overett – Raise the Dead
- Terry Whidborne – There once was a girl
The napkins will be designed and printed by the ever fabulous Hungry Workshop and Creative Emporium and spread thickly around cafes such as: Little Prince Espresso; Avid Reader; Southside Tea Room; Outlaws Yacht Club; and Friends of Ham.
You can check out the list of Leeds authors and stories here, and keep a lookout for the announcement of Toronto stories tomorrow.