Flash Fiction Call Out – Brisbane-based Scribblers
In February 2013 Tiny Owl Workshop will be working with a few Brisbane (Queensland, Australia) cafes to add a little something extra to coffee time.
We’ll be publishing 10 flash fiction stories on flash paper napkins and getting them out through cafes who’d like to join us. The more cafes participating, the further the stories will go – and we’re excited that Little Prince Cafe at Woolloongabba is all ‘hell yeah, let’s do it’ already.
So, if you’re a Brisbane-based writer and you’d like to have your flash fiction story considered for inclusion, here are the guidelines:
- It’s flash fiction. On napkins. So, stories cannot be over 300 words.
- The theme of your story should be – love.
- Stories accepted for inclusion by Tiny Owl will be paid $50.
- Finished stories should be submitted via email to Tiny Owl at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submission deadline is Monday 10 December 2012.
- Along with your story, please submit a flash bio – no more than 140 characters. The bio will be published alongside your story (for those accepted).
- While the theme is ‘love’, there are no limitations other than to say your potential audience will be people stopping for a cuppa/break/chat/think/scribble/laugh in a local cafe they like. They may be adults, but they may be any age, so if your story is about the love a would be murderer has for her disembowelling kit, then it’s probably not what we’re looking for this time (though we may keep the story in mind for October, when Halloween comes around again).
- We will let you know when your story reaches us (via email).
- We’ll let people know in early January whether their story has been accepted or not.
- We may give feedback on stories not accepted, but this depends on the number of stories submitted.
So, if you’re interested, get scribbling and submit by 10 December 2012.
We’ll also let you know which cafes are joining us as we go.
7 Responses to “Flash Fiction Call Out – Brisbane-based Scribblers”
[…] Independent Brisbane Publisher Tiny Owl Workshop is holding a great competition for writers to get their work out there. Great day to write a bit of Flash Fiction. […]
This is ‘hands-down’ kinds of incredible! One question, though: any restrictions on number of entries per writer?
Hi John. Mighty kind of you to say. Yes, we will accept multiple entries, but if your work is chosen we will only use one. It’s a little fairer that way.
Makes total sense. Thanks for responding so quickly! Looking forward to the whole thing :)
wow .. sounds exciting.. best get scribbling.
Yeah brilliant idea – about love, you say…might have a couple of things up my sleeve…
[…] happily working through them. For those still wishing to submit, don’t forget to check the guidelines and guideline updates before you […]